Since 1990, Metabolic Solutions has been the trusted source for leading pharmaceutical and academic researchers using stable isotope tracer methods. We have developed a reputation for personalized service, fast turnaround time and reasonable pricing. We have helped more than 1,000 pharmaceutical, government and academic researchers answer their questions about metabolism, nutrition and the presence of disease. Whether you just have a few samples needing mass spectrometry measurements (stable isotope analysis), or assistance in designing and implementing a clinical study, we can help you.
Serving the pharmaceutical industry has been a mainstay of our business. Metabolic Solutions has participated in many clinical studies in which our work has been included as part of regulatory submissions. We have designed our stable isotope analysis services to meet the unique needs of pharmaceutical researchers to adhere to GLP regulations as outlined by the FDA.
Metabolic Solutions has been an industry leader in developing new stable isotope tracer applications. Our company has received extensive support from the National Institutes of Health Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) grant program to develop new uses for stable isotopes. The innovations that have resulted from this research include:
- Gastric Motility Breath Test (US Patent 6,548,043)
- Methionine Breath Test to measure mitochondrial liver function (US Patent 5,961,470)
- Phenylalanine Breath Test to measure cytosolic liver function (US Patent 5,961.470)
- Sorbitol Breath Test to detect small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (US Patent 6,264,913)
- Vitamin B12 Breath Test
- Urea Blood Test for detecting H. pylori (US patent 5,542,419)
- Erythromycin Breath Test for measuring liver CYP 3A4 activity (US patent 5,100,779)
- Lactose Intolerance and Reverse Isotope Dilution (US patent 6,902,719)