As required by the provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Metabolic Solutions, Inc. (“MSI”) does hereby assure that it will appropriately safeguard all Protected Health Information (“PHI”) as defined in 45 CFR Part 164.501 made available to, or obtained by, MSI in accordance with this Compliance Statement. Accordingly, it is the policy of MSI to meet, or exceed the legal requirements relating to PHI under HIPAA and with respect to any activity MSI performs on behalf of affected clients. Specifically MSI shall:
- Not make known to any unauthorized party any PHI other than what may be required by law;
- Use appropriate precautions to prevent any unauthorized use or disclosure of PHI;
- Promptly report any use of PHI, of which MSI is aware, that may be required by law to the client;
- Make accounting of disclosure information available that may be required by law;
- Make MSI internal PHI procedures and records received from clients available to the appropriate governing authority for purposes of determining compliance with the law, and;
- At the request of the client, return or destroy all client provided PHI that MSI maintains in its possession.